Fresh off the happy news of my One Lovely Blog award, I have been nominated for the 7×7 award. I’m very excited (and grateful) for the nomination by Limebird Writers (I believe Limebird Beth was the originator). Please check out their blog – it’s one of my favorites.
As a 7×7 nominee, I am supposed to post 7 general things about myself, list 7 of my posts, and nominate 7 other bloggers. So, without further ado (I have always wanted a reason to say that)…
7 Things About Me
- I have been inside the lion’s enclosure of the St. Louis Zoo (no lions in there at the time)
- I like dogs and cats
- I really like stores that sell fancy stationary, pens, and paper (although I hardly ever use them)
- From what I can tell, I have unusually good memories of my early life (age 2ish)
- I dislike wearing socks, but I also don’t like sandals.
- I still don’t understand twitter, even though I have an account
7 Posts -
- The Wiggles Prove You Can Be a Writer – It helps me keep perspective, I think it’s funny, and I almost always get a visit from somebody doing a web search for something Wiggles-related.
- Smarter Than Your Average Cell Phone – Because I think the way people behave is interesting.
- Would You PLEASE Stop Posting??? – Because I never realized how big the internet really was (or I stick my head in the sand, whichever)
- Not What You Expected – Because search engines are weird.
- The World of Word-Craft – Every writer should have some favorite words, and enjoy the richness some of them have.
- Beating Writer’s Block – one category at a time – If only I would take my own advice.
- Creating a Fantasy World – I’m proud of my map, but the nicer one is on my Art page.
7 Blogs - I’ve only been up and running (and reading blogs myself) for a little while. I’m going to exclude Limebird Writers (since they nominated me). Even in my short time in the blogosphere I’ve found lots of great sites, so it’s hard to choose just seven. So, I’m going to go for some of the blogs that first caught my eye and I’ve enjoyed since, including those with totally different subject matter than mine.